Since 1905, Randall Plumbing & Heating Ltd. has been a leading mechanical contractor serving the Manitoba market. After we got our start, we were a mechanical provider for key landmarks in Winnipeg. With more than 117 years of service, we have exceptional knowledge of our industry. We specialize in heating, plumbing, and refrigeration services for commercial, institutional and light industrial markets.

With our team of Winnipeg mechanical contractors, you can always count on a better product and superior service. For service inquiries, please give us a call at any time, or request an estimate.

As a company with a history dating back to 1905, it should come as no surprise that we’ve had an impact on the area and played a role in creating some of the most well-known landmarks throughout Winnipeg. On this page, you can learn more about the Randall Plumbing & Heating Ltd. history and what our plans for the future are.


Charles E. Randall immigrated from England after training as a plumber and eventually made his way to the burgeoning city of Winnipeg. After short-lived first business venture, Charles E. Randall, David Bell and John O’Connell formed what is now known as Randall Plumbing & Heating Ltd. today. The business lasted throughout the Great Depression and during the war years, finally began to grow steadily. The expansion of Winnipeg made it possible for Randall Plumbing & Heating Ltd. to serve more than just the residential markets as the commercial sector began booming. From 1954 to 1959, the firm completed many well-known projects that are still around today, including:

  • Winnipeg Arena
  • Assiniboia Downs Race Track
  • Head office of Great West Life


This period saw the Randall brothers decide to sell the firm to four of their key employees: Harold Bower (steam fitting estimator and supervisor), Jim Goodman (plumbing estimator), Stuart Hay (accountant) and Fred Sheldon (plumbing and labour supervisor). This proved to be a fruitful decision as the business grew quickly under the guidance of those individuals. After some slow years, the commercial construction boom of the late 1970s allowed the company to play a substantial role in building many well-known landmarks, including:

  • St. Vital Centre
  • The Trizec building
  • Winnipeg Square
  • Cadham Lab

THE NEW GUARD (1987 – 2001)

In early 1988, Fred Sheldon, the last of the original group who bought out the Randall brothers in 1959, retired. Instead of replacing him, the management team decided to move forward with only three partners. The original agreement was for Laurie Cleutinx to be primarily responsible for the office and accounting functions, Norm Hanson estimated and supervised on the heating side while Bob Lynch looked after the plumbing, the service department and the back shop. This period of time saw the completion of many major projects, including:

  • A large renovation at the Children’s Hospital
  • Can Oats in Portage la Prairie
  • Federal Records
  • Stonewall Hospital
  • Two Manitoba Lotteries casinos


In 2001, owners Bob Lynch and Arthur Mackenzie decided to retire, but the transition to new ownership had already been underway for quite some time. Brad Marr and Marc Lynch joined Tom Sheldon to bring a younger perspective to the management team. Under this trio, Randall has made a firm commitment to re-developing and diversifying the service department and focused further on developing a more extensive contractor-client relationship. Many major projects have been completed over the past few years, including:

  • Cangene LSR
  • The Apotex Perm Hall Expansion
  • The Biovail Expansion
  • Hy’s Restaurant
  • Frontenac School
  • RJ Waugh School